Question #1: Dr. Epstein, I and my friends all watched your performance on Bravo TV–and we all watched with great interest.
Neither of us had ever seen a reality TV show before. I know you will be busy responding to fan mail, but we had many questions:
1. Will the transplanted hair fall out (does it actually grow back?).
2. How long do these treatments last–are they dependent on the necessary blood flow problems that might have given rise to the hair loss in the first instance?
3. It seemed that the patient left your office wearing a bandana but the scalp looked as if it was still bleeding slightly. Is that because of the procedure was not actually performed in real time–he didn’t leave soon after the procedure was finished?
5. Do you and your staff normally perform these procedures without wearing masks or, again, was that because it was more aesthetically interesting to watch the unmasked master perform his magic?
6. The woman seemed to walk into the surgical room while the procedure was underway? Is that usual, or again, a conceit of reality TV?
7. Did you know that she was going to essentially come on to you while you were performing surgery? Is there some kind of a script going on the entire way? For instance, surely you must have known in the first segement that the patient was going to consent to having the procedure done.